Saturday, May 2, 2009

Preparing for the Big Day

Tomorrow is my cooking big day.  Good news is that I have a sous chef.  Joe will be helping me.  Samantha is spending the night with his parents.  It's so odd not having her around.

I just set up my kitchen in preparation for tomorrow's cooking.  I cleaned all the dishes and put away everything that is already dry.  I unfolded my folding table and put it in my kitchen.  I went through each recipe and put the nonperishable ingredients on the tables.  Refrigerated ingredients are all on the bottom shelf in the fridge.  Baking dishes are on the table.  Mixing bowls are on the counter.

Bad news is that I have to cut one recipe off the menu.  I discovered that one of my two 8 oz packages of pepperoni was growing nasty black mold.  So gross.  I had two recipes calling for pepperoni.  Pizza rolls need 8 oz and stromboli needs 4 oz.  Not enough good pepperoni to do both recipes, so I decided to try the pizza rolls.  Roll out the dough, add toppings, roll up jelly-roll style and cut into slices similar to a cinnamon roll, but with savory flavors instead of sweet.

Ah, it's getting late.  Joe fell asleep watching Nascar on the couch.  Forty-three guys driving in a circle knocks me out too.  Gotta get to bed.  Busy day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment