Monday, May 25, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

I hope everyone had a good holiday weekend. We went to a cookout Saturday. When we got home, one of the neighbors invited us over to a bonfire. We stayed out until 1 am. I am getting too old to do that. There just isn't enough coffee to keep me going. I'm still feeling sluggish two days later. Ugh.

Today was a big OAMC day. I got lots done. We have enough frozen meals to get us through until after we get back from vacation next month. I was exhausted last night before bed, so I failed to set out all the needed items. Let me say that things go a lot smoother when I have a chance to think through each recipe and lay out the needed ingredients, bowls, utensils, pots, baking dishes, baggies, wraps, etc. in advance. Every recipe I felt like I was stepping all across my kitchen to find something that wasn't out on the table yet.

A new batch of OAMC meals means that I have new options to choose from for this week's menu, but it looks like I'm mostly trying to use up older meals. Fortunately I wrote up the menu Saturday afternoon before we left the house or else it would probably not be done yet. Here it is:

Monday - the chicken and corn quesadillas that we didn't eat on Sunday, refried beans and a spanish rice mix

Tuesday - chicken enchiladas, green vegetable

Wednesday - quiche in a bag, green vegetable, frozen biscuits if I can find them in my freezer

Thursday - first CSA pickup of the year! lasagna (I couldn't find it last week, so I had ravioli instead) and probably a salad since Ben likes to grow yucky lettuce :p (He grows beautiful lettuce, but I really don't like lettuce, that's all.)

Friday - pizza night, salad, bake cookies for Joe's golf outing

Saturday - Joe will be eating steak at his golf outing; Samantha and I are having chicken tacos, velveeta mac and cheese, green veg

Sunday - Stuffed shells

Do you know what you're eating this week? If you would like some menu plan inspiration, be sure to check out Menu Plan Monday at I'm an Organizing Junkie to see what others are having!

No comments:

Post a Comment