Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

We are in California visiting my parents right now.  Samantha adjusted immediately to the three hour time difference.  I figured she would be going to sleep at 4 pm local time (7 pm Ohio  time), but she stayed awake until 7 or later.  Each morning she has been waking up at 6 or 7.

Last night some people came over.  We played UNO and had a good time.  Samantha refused to go to bed.  At home when she gets sleepy, we just lay her in her crib.  She usually talks and plays for a few minutes and then she falls asleep.  Last night when we tried to lay her down, she would start crying even before we let go of her.  After 11 but before midnight, I put her in bed and let her scream.  I'm not used to making her cry herself to sleep, so it was difficult for me to listen to.  The alcohol helped me but nothing helped her.  Eventually she wore out and gave up.  She was up bright and early at 7 this morning.  Way too early.

No comments:

Post a Comment